Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hamburger Puffs

I apologize for how cruddy this photo is. It was just one of "those" nights... Ok, so they may not look like anything special, but let me ask you something: Do you like hamburgers? Do you like soup in bread bowls? If you answered yes to either of these, then you will definitely like Hamburger Puffs! It's basically a hybrid of those two things. These were one of my dad's favorite meals and now it's one of Matt's favorites, too. If you don't have French rolls on hand, it will take a little planning a head, but it's still really simple and worth the minimal effort. Plus, they are great for on-the-go kind of stuff.

1 lb ground beef
1/2 C onions, chopped
1/2 C green bell peppers, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
1 dozen french bread rolls {or hard rolls}

Brown ground beef, onion and pepper. Add soup and milk; simmer. Cut the top off each roll and dig out the insides. Stir the insides into the simmering sauce. Spoon sauce mixture into each hollow roll and replace the top. Serve immediately.

These are definitely best right away. If left out the bread gets hard and if refrigerated it tends to get a little rubbery. Still tastes good, just a texture thing. I just realized I want to try this with bacon pieces in it. Guess I better put French rolls on my shopping list again!

No comments:

Post a Comment