Saturday, May 28, 2011

Beef and Green Bean Dinner

Ok, before you are weirded out by meatballs, green beans, and rice, give this one a chance! My hubby was very uncertain of this when I brought it out, but it was another tried and true family recipe {From my maternal Grandma Adamson} and once he tried it, he was unquestionably on board! The tomato based sauce has kinda sweet flavor to it. Weird? Nah, a big bite with a little of everything makes for one succulent treat! I had two helpings, then finished off my son's leftovers... My 11 month old was just as crazy about it- I think she ate as much as my 3 1/2 year old!
This is another one I like to simplify with frozen meatballs, but just in case you like to make your own:
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
2 slices bread, crumbled
1 tbsp dehydrated onions
2 tbsp evaporated milk

Stir together ground beef, bread crumbs, onions, and milk. Shape into meatballs or patties. Fry until brown, drain excess grease. If using frozen meatballs, simply fry until heated though.

Sauce:
2 cans tomato soup
2 tbsp vinegar
3 tbsp sugar
1 (16 oz) can of green beans

Mix soup, vinegar, sugar and 1/4 C liquid from the green beans. Pour over meatballs. Simmer 15-20 minutes. Serve over hot rice with green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment