Sunday, May 15, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

These were one of my favorite cookies growing up. I hadn't made them for a long time, I guess subconsciously I figured they were like Lucky Charms- great when I was a kid, but my tastes had outgrown. I made them not too long ago with my son and, MAN, was I wrong! Still amazing! Seriously, I just ate two. I think they're even better chilled, which is really nice as we head into Arizona summers. This is what I made my cookie pizza with. I made an entire cookie sheet sized cookie pizza and still had enough dough for about 3 dozen cookies.

3/4 C butter
1 C shortening
3 C sugar
3 eggs
3 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 C flour
1 C cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 C chocolate chips

Cream butter, shortening, and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Do NOT over bake. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from cookie sheet.

These are also amazing with peanut butter or mint chocolate chips instead of regular chocolate chips. They also make and EXCEPTIONAL ice cream cookie sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment