Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blueberry pancakes

I dislike blueberries. Give me a salad with blueberries in it and I will eat around them. BUT, cooked, they are amazing. Go figure. These are a special treat and only when blueberries are on sale, cause they are expensive! But you guys are worth eating the cost in order to share a picture with! ;) Side note- included in this picture are the Breakfast Bake and the Hawaiian Fruit Dip leftovers turned into a salad. I'm sure you could just add 2 C blueberries to about any pancake recipe, but: Fun Fact- Got this recipe out of a kids book I borrowed from the library for my son. It was about a cat that cooks. Thanks, Tallullah!

1 1/4 C flour



2 1/2 tsp baking powder



1/2 tsp salt



1 tbsp sugar



1 egg, well beaten



1 C milk



3 tbsp oil



2 C blueberries






Mix dry ingredients and set aside. Mix together beaten egg, milk and oil then add to the dry ingredients. Rinse blueberries {and double check for stems}. Add to batter. Cook on a skillet about 2 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment