Sunday, April 17, 2011

Homemade Oreo Cookies


I am totally exploiting my darling son to emphasize how good these are! Actually, he was in the process of eating the last one when I decided this was a great go-to recipe and wanted a picture. Luckily, I have such an adorable model that can make even half-eaten food look good! I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, Kristen. I think most everyone has some variation of this (and I hope to see some if yours is slightly different...), but it is a must in every lazy, I mean good recipe book.


1 pkg Devil's Food cake mix

2/3 C shortening

2 eggs

1 can or recipe of your favorite frosting

Cream eggs and shortening together. Add cake mix. Roll into balls and place at least 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-10 minutes or until they barely bounce back when touched lightly. Cool completely. Frost the bottom of one cookie and press into the bottom of a cookie of the same size.


It's also fun to do different color frosting for different holidays. We usually end up doubling this since one recipe doesn't make a ton. Or maybe it just seems like that because these cookies are so addicting that they don't last long... My hubby used to eat these like potato chips until he helped make them one time. After he saw what they were made of he thinks twice. Then eats them anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment