Monday, April 18, 2011

Egg Salad Sandwiches

This is what we'd eat for about a week after Easter, but I did NOT mind! I love hard boiled eggs and this is a great, easy way to use them.

6 hard boiled eggs
6 tbsp miracle whip
6 tsp sweet pickle relish

Peel the eggs, place them in a bowl and chop with a fork. Add remaining ingredients, stir together.

My husband doesn't even like miracle whip. At all. But he loves these sandwiches. They're great for lunch, though I usually will put the egg salad in a separate container for Matt to put on the bread when he's ready to eat, since he's not a fan of even slightly soggy bread.

Funny story- I only recently learned how to make a decent hard boiled egg. As in, the last year or two. For the first 4 or 5 years of our marriage our eggs were either under cooked or would stick to the shell like it was concrete. I could make 10 different kinds of cheesecake before I could boil an egg!! I still prefer to let Matt do it... my kryptonite. That and the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment