Friday, July 22, 2011

Roasted Sausage, Peppers, and Onions



This was probably the fan favorite of the night. It was so robust and delicious, but when I asked Jamie Massie what she'd used to season it, she simply said "salt and pepper." That's it! You'd never guess that's all it took. It will certainly be made again!


1 lbs potatoes, peeled

1 green bell pepper

1 red bell pepper

1 medium onion, peeled

1/4 C olive oil

salt and pepper

1 lb Italian sausage


Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut potatoes, peppers, onion and sausage into bite size (1") pieces. Spread vegetables in a single layer on the bottom of a shallow roasting pan. Mix in oil and salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 45 minutes, stirring once or twice. Place sausage on top and cook an additional 15-30 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.

2 comments:

  1. YUP! My favorite! I actually bought all of the stuff yesterday and was just waiting for you to post the recipe! Sunday dinner is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it turns out. I felt mine was over dark in color. But I have a gas oven so im wondering if that made the difference.

    ReplyDelete