Friday, July 8, 2011

Barbecue Potluck Night!!

This was kind of a crazy gathering- Trina, our original hostess, had to leave town for an unexpected family funeral, so we moved it to my house last minute. It was our first one in a while, and only 2 days after the 4th of July... We had a lot of people forget or were not able to make it at the last minute, but it was still so much fun! I hadn't laughed that hard in a while! Poor Molly was there for the first time and I really hope we didn't scare her away from coming back! Like I said last time, I love the food, but what really makes these evenings awesome are the people and the unexpected and fun conversations we have! I'll just say this: Jayme Welly was REALLY trying to get the baby out and we had fun with the suggestions that were made! Must have worked, because baby Emerson arrived this morning! Congrats, Jayme!

Next gathering is July 21st and the theme is CARBS!!! Bust out the breads, pastas, and cereals- this food group of the Food Pyramid is getting it's moment to shine! Until then, enjoy some of our favorite barbecue potluck foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment