Friday, July 8, 2011

Hawaiian Haystacks

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this recipe. It's in my top 5 favorite meals. Because of all the toppings, it is so versatile and easy to please several different tastes. It's easy to make a lot and I'll serve it all the time when we have parties. I got this particular recipe from my sister-in-law, Emily Pittman. I love the sweetness of the sauce- Perfect if you hosted a luau, like we did not too long ago. Just be careful or this guy might show up...
Oh, he'll kill me.... Love it!
AAAAnnnyway, here it is, with all the fun topping favorites....

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken
1 C water
1 C brown sugar
1/4 C soy sauce
cornstarch to thicken, if necessary

Place everything in a crock pot and cook on high until chicken is cooked through (about 6-8 hours on low is best). Shred chicken. Serve over rice with your favorite toppings:

cheese
pineapples
hard boiled eggs, chopped
cranberries
green onions, chopped
celery, chopped
chow mien noodles(best under the rice)
bacon, cooked and chopped
slivered almonds
flaked coconut
maraschino cherries
green bell pepper
green peas
Whatever else sounds good!
*** Warning- this ALWAYS ends up being more food on your plate than you intend, so start small! Then go smaller... Then go back for seconds!
I totally think we're going to have to do an End-of-summer luau with this, again. Ya know, when summer ends in October here! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment