Thursday, June 2, 2011

Savory Crescent Chicken Bakes

I have roughly 13,000 different chicken bake recipes, but this is one of my favorites. Comes together easily and is so very tasty. I'll occasionally make it for lunch when Mac & Cheese gets old. The butter crescent roll outer shell covered in crunchy bread crumbs combined with the creamy filling with just the right kick give it such a good flavor and texture.

1 pkg cream cheese, softened
2 C cooked chicken {I used 1 can of chicken, rinsed.}
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives {I did about a tbsp of dehydrated}
1 tbsp chopped pimentos {optional}
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tbsp milk
1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough {I put just a little less filling in each and used almost 2 rolls}
1 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1/2 C seasoned croutons, crushed {I had some Italian bread crumbs that were delicious}

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in chicken, chives, pimientos, pepper and milk. Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles; firmly press along perforations to thoroughly seal.

Spoon 1/3-1/2 C chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly and pinch edges to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with croutons. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with additional chives, if desired.

I was making this for my family, so I had a couple bakes for the adults made just like the instructions, but then I pulled apart some crescent rolls into their pre-cut triangles and made little ones for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment