Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fruit Filled Breakfast Cake

Remember when I said I had another recipe I was also planning on bringing to the breakfast themed Exchange? Well, I couldn't just keep it all to myself just because everyone didn't get a sample that day! This is why breakfast is so great- it is the only meal where people don't think twice about the bulk of the meal being called 'cake'. Think about it. What cake would you feel good about feeding to your kids for dinner? Yet I have multiple breakfast cakes that I whip up to kick start my family's day without a second thought. Breakfast is awesome.

1 pkg white cake mix
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 C sour cream
3 eggs
1/4 C water
1 can of your favorite pie filling {peach is pictured above}
1/2 C sliced almonds, toasted
1 C powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat first 5 ingredients with a mixer until well blended. Pour into a greased 9x13" pan. Gently spoon pie filling across the batter. Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and cool 10 minutes. Mix sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Serve warm or cool completely.

By the way, I went into my kitchen to grab this recipe and ended up with a leftover piece of this... I am, at this very moment, picking almonds out of my teeth and hoping you give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment