Thursday, June 30, 2011

Homemade Mac N Cheese

I have been out of town for 2 weeks, and though I have had lots of delicious food, I haven't had a chance to share any of it with you! I was too busy having fun to even take pictures of the delicious food! So, my apologies for the temporary hiatus. Now as soon as my AC is fixed and I start cooking at home again, we'll be back in the swing of things! In the mean time, here's a tasty dish that would be great at a potluck bbq- our upcoming theme! I love the combination of flavors- the creamy cheese, the salty ritz topping, the bacon. It really culminates to something wonderful. When I made this in the picture, I had been out of milk and used evaporated. I wouldn't recommend it- it wasn't as smooth and creamy as it should have been.


1/4 C butter or margarine

1/4 C flour

1 C milk

1/2 lb velveeta cheese, cubed

6-10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

2 1/2 C elbow noodles, cooked and drained

6-10 Ritz crackers, crushed



Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Add velveeta and cook for 2 minutes or until melted, stirring frequently. Stir in bacon and noodles.



Spoon into a 2 qt casserole pan sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Ritz {I added about a 1/2 C Italian bread crumbs for a little extra flavor}. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment