Monday, June 6, 2011

Alfredo ala Lindsey

Nice title, right? I don't really call it that, I just don't have another name for it! I love Italian food and was excited when I came across two different recipes for alfredo that I merged into this singular sensation. It's pretty simple and I think it tastes even better on the veggies than on the noodles- incentive to add some vitamins to your diet! Several ingredients, but I promise it's not that difficult.

1/2 pkg linguine
1-2 C broccoli florets{ I just used a frozen vegetable blend}
2 tbsp butter
1 lb chicken breasts, cut to bite size
1/2 medium onion
1 can cream of mushroom
1/2 C milk
1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
4 oz cream cheese
1 C chicken broth
1/4 tsp pepper

Prepare linguine according to package directions. Add broccoli during last 4 minutes of cooking time {if you are using frozen veggies, you can either cook them separately or add to boiling water, bring back to a boil, then add the noodles. } Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and onion; cook until chicken is well browned, stirring often. Add soup, milk, parmesan, cream cheese, broth and pepper. Cook until mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve over or toss with the noodles and vegetables. Serve with additional parmesan.

1 comment:

  1. I just had a thought- this sauce would be an INCREDIBLE carbonera sauce if you added cooked and crumbled bacon...

    ReplyDelete