Friday, September 9, 2011

Warm Spiced Cider

I forgot to get a picture of this, so sorry. And sorry to anyone who tried this at the exchange- it was terrible! I think it was the cider I used as a base... BUT I promise, it really is a DELICIOUS recipe! Usually. When we lived in Utah and snow wasn't unheard of for Halloween, we used to have a little bonfire in our drive way with this cider for the kids{and parents}. I think people would be as excited for the drink and chance to warm up by the fire as they would be for the candy. Now that it's 85 degrees for us on Halloween, we might have to switch drinks!

1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp whole allspice
1 tsp whole cloves
3 sticks cinnamon
1 dash nutmeg
1 gallon apple cider

Place salt, spices and brown sugar on a square of clean, white cotton fabric. Pull up edges and tie with string to form a bag. Simmer bag in cider for at least 20 minutes.

My hubby likes to add a few orange slices to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment