Sunday, March 27, 2011

Go- To Side Dishes




It is taking everything in me not to start flooding this thing with my recipes! But, since our theme is "Go-To's", I figure I should represent more than just the main dish! This is SUPER simple when I'm wanting to throw fruit in the diet.


1 can fruit(15 oz)

1 cup yogurt


Drain the fruit then mix with the yogurt.


That's it. Our favorite is peaches with strawberry yogurt.


This next one is from my mom. She is AMAZING in the kitchen, but she'd never let you tell her so! This is one of the recipes I grew up on and there was NEVER enough at dinner!


Cooked Carrots


1-2 carrots per person (or 1 lb baby carrots)

1/8 tsp salt

1/2 C brown sugar

2 tbsp butter


Peel and slice carrots, boil just until soft in salted water(about 10-15 minutes). Drain water thoroughly. Add butter and brown sugar, replace lid and let sit until they melt. Stir once before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment